Materials Science and Condensed Matter Physics, Nuclear magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Prof. Dimitrios Koumoulis
Application for a Postdoctoral researcher
Accepting applications for a Postdoctoral researcher position in Prof. Dimitrios Koumoulis's lab (NMR in materials science) in the Shanghai School of Physical Science and Technology (SPST) at Shanghaitech University.
In our lab, we develop and utilize solid-state NMR techniques for materials research. Our interest lies on the areas of materials science, inorganic chemistry and nanotechnology, broadly defined, and the investigation of related subjects, such as narrow-gap semiconductors, strongly correlated electron systems, thermo-electrics, ferroelectrics, nano-catalysts, superconductors, superhard materials and their relevant emergent phenomena and applications.
1. Candidates should have a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in one of the following majors: condensed matter physics, materials science or related fields.
2. Strong experience in experimental solid-state NMR spectroscopy is required.
3. Experience in computer programming and density functional theory (DFT) calculations is desirable but not required.
4. Applicants with a research background on semiconductors will be preferred.
5. Have first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals.
6. Excellent communication and writing skills in English are required.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Carry out research projects independently as well as a part of a team.
2. Help with the student supervision and education.
We invite qualified and highly motivated candidates to email (all in English) a full CV, together with a summary of research interests to email@example.com, cc to firstname.lastname@example.org