Supported by the Shanghai Municipal Government and China Academy of Sciences, ShanghaiTech is a young, resource-rich research university with a modern campus in the heart of Shanghai Pudong’s Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park. The Institute of Humanities was founded in June 2019, based on the idea that a first-tier university must be supported by first-tier research and education in the humanities. Directly affiliated to ShanghaiTech University, Institute of Humanities is a substantive, comprehensive teaching and research institution for humanities. Institute of Humanities aims to develop general education and humanities education at ShanghaiTech, support ShanghaiTech’s ambition to grow into a first-tier university, and promote ShanghaiTech’s reputation of academic excellence at both the national and the international level.
In order to achieve these goals, Institute of Humanities is inviting applications for tenure-track professors, associate professors and assistant professors from renowned universities and research institutions.
Teaching & Research Areas
Philosophy: Chinese Philosophy, Western Philosophy, Logic, Science Philosophy, Aesthetics
Chinese language and literature: Ancient literature, modern literature, literary theory, comparative literature and world literature, Chinese writing
History: Chinese history, World history, Historical theory
Foreign Language and Literature: Foreign Language studies in English, French, German and Japanese, British and American literature, French literature, German literature, Japanese and literature
Professors, associate professors
1. Excellent academic background, PhD degree, undergraduate and graduate studies should be carried out at renowned universities, age not exceeding 55.
2. Capable of continuously publishing high-impact research articles on important or top journals, outstanding achievement in his/her area of research.
3. High academic reputation in relevant area.
4. Available for full-time work.
5. Teach three or more different courses.
1. PhD degree form first-tier universities or first-tier disciplines, age not exceeding 40.
2. Proven track record of excellent research capacity and potential, active in academic thinking.
3. Research achievements recognized by experts in relevant field, capable of opening at least three different undergraduate courses.
4. Available for full-time work.
Work conditions and salary package
1.Reasonable start-up funds and spacious office will be provided.
2.Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and academic accomplishments, a comprehensive benefit package, negotiable for exceptional outstanding applicants.
3.On-campus 80/100/120 m2 faculty apartments with affordable rent will be provided.
4.Support with children’s education; affiliated kindergarten, primary and middle schools.
1. Resume with information about the applicant’s education and work experience, publications, research programs and academic awards (sent via email).
2. Brief description of research and teaching experience.
3. Three reference letters.
4. 3-5 representative research articles (electronic version)
Interested applicants could send the application material to email@example.com. Institute of Humanities will evaluate all applications together and contact shortlisted applicants for on-site interview organized by the Recruitment Committee. Information about applicants who pass the interview will be reported to the University for final decision. Successful applicants will then go through formal procedure to join Institute of Humanities.