Prof. Pingqiang Zhou’s group conducts research primarily in computer engineering, the interdisciplinary field between computer science and electrical engineering. Some specific problems that we are currently working on include machine learning for chip design, chip design for deep learning, energy-efficient communication/power supply and hardware security.
PI for group to work on the following research projects:
1)Spintronics-based computing and memory systems, a joint work with another SIST faculty, Prof. Xufeng Kou, http://sist.shanghaitech.edu.cn/StaffDetail.asp?id=381.
2)Optical-electrical hybrid on-chip Communication network, a joint work with another two SIST faculties, Prof. Baile Chen, http://sist.shanghaitech.edu.cn/StaffDetail.asp?id=332, and Prof. Chen Wang, http://sist.shanghaitech.edu.cn/StaffDetail.asp?id=368.
These two projects are generously funded by the Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) and Shanghai local government.
1) Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering, computer science or related areas.
2) Strong publication record in device/VLSI design/CAD/architecture, or related areas.
3) Knowledge or experience on spintronics or optics will be given special consideration.
4) Good communication skills and capability of supervising research students.
5) Fluent in oral and written English.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit, all in English, a CV, research statement (describing research experience and research plan), copies of three representative publications, and three letters of reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org